lookinme

19 September 2007

a song for the forgettful

tonight in the wind
i bend my hand to sweep
up a twig which i twirl
between my thumb and
finger, thinking about the first
moment i saw you, how little
it mattered

now, beneath the lone cold
slice of moon, my jacket bundled
at my throat, i see
how much about love i know
from peering at the objects in a room
once, when i was totally aware
of god in every shadow and
crest of skin and light

a rasp of wind that drags
some faint wisps across the
nearblack sky, pulls the snip
of tree in my fingers and whispers
you'll never be as whole
as you are now, so alone
with me and eddying with love

let your feet carry you while
you carry with grace your load
and the chill street shorten
beneath your warm roomfull flood

1 Comments:

  • T-revor, this is majorly good shit. Majorly good. Astonishment.

    By Blogger timtolka, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home