lookinme

09 December 2006

a fantastic(al) dream:

sitting on the edge of my bed drinking a stem of red wine, by myself, reading a novel.
my door creaks open and a beautiful tall girl walks into my room. "it's time." she says.
i look up at her kneelength black skirt, her beige shortjacket, her feathered dark brown hair. all i can see is her full lips, her gleaming eyes, and questionmarks flutter between us.
i stand and she lifts my hand from where it hangs at my side. "i'm what you've been wishing for, and instead of finding me, i've found you."
i wonder how she got through the front door of my apartment. she puts my hand to her soft face, kisses it gently. i think, this really is what i've been wishing for...but how?

we sit together quietly as though we already know each other. she's plucked a book from my shelves and sits beside me engrossed in its printed sheets.
we glance up from the pages of the separate worlds we're exploring, side by side, and our eyes smile to find us still here with one another.

i wake groggy the next morning to my alarm...5:10am it flashes...i sigh, stretch out my leg and feel her smooth warm calf against mine. she moans a little and blinks up at me. "go to work," she says, "i'll be here when you get back."
i kiss her forehead and pull on my torn jeans, grab my jacket and bag and leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home